Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Would You Do OO OO, for a Klondike Bar?

So, I’ve been sitting at my desk, staring blankly at my computer screen for the last hour trying to tell myself that a Klondike Bar is not worth the 250 calories packed into its new, thicker shell. I don’t know when I became a calorie counter, but for whatever reason, I’m doing it now and it’s like the cruelest, self-inflicted torture ever. Do you think if I wasn’t counting calories, I’d be noshing after this delectable little delight…NO! Not in the least. I’ve never even had a Klondike Bar. So, I’m sitting here, chewing on about 4 pieces of Stride and thinking seriously about gnawing on the corner of my monitor all because the guy who breaks the sound barrier when he breathes offered me a STUPID KLONDIKE BAR! Whew! Excuse my outburst. It had to happen. Anyway, I’m slowly backing away from the ledge and my thoughts are returning to the things I should be accomplishing today and not the chocolate-ly, ice creamy deliciousness. I can almost feel sanity creeping its way back into my brain. Ahhhhh, yes, sanity.

I’ve been thinking I need to start knitting again. I haven’t done it in so long; mostly because I never really learned how to stop. All of my projects have needles in the bottom of them just waiting to be finished; longing for finality. I’ve been inspired by the recent baby boom – or at least, pregnancy boom in my department. There are four, yes four women expecting babies within the walls of my department and since I hate shopping off of registries (they’re so restrictive…if I want to get your baby a superhero cape, I’m going to get it whether it’s on your stupid registry or not). I apologize for my belligerence. This Klondike Bar has me all tetchy. Anyway, I love giving hand made gifts. They mean something. I put time, energy and moderately hard work into creating something and I want to share that with someone. Three of the four women are having females, so I’d love to make little blankets with matching booties, and caps. Like my own little personalized layette for the babies. For the boy, a little baby cape…every kid should have a cape. Heck, every adult should have a cape. Anyway, I could knit these pieces up if I just knew how to stop. I’m going to learn. It’s going to happen.
Alright, I’ve weened myself away from the idea that a Klondike Bar is going to change my life and I should probably do something that involves working hard for the money. So, with that I’ll leave you with my lists for the day.

Five things I’m grateful for –
1. My new water bottle
2. My job
3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
4. Klondike Bars
5. This beautiful summer we’re having in Colorado

Top five desserts of all time (not including Klondike Bars) –
1. Warm, Chocolate Chip Cookie Hand Pies
2. Special K Bars
3. Red Velvet Cake with Almond Flavored Cream Cheese Icing
4. Sharon’s Lemon Bars
5. Irish Brambrack

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Bowen, you are utterly delightful. If I didn't know you, I'd have to search the world to find you, just so I could be delighted by you. Thanks for saving me the trouble : )

    ReplyDelete