Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Those who have eyes to see will see...

I was recently looking through one of my old notebooks that I filled up with opening story lines, quotes, advice, etc. I guess you could call it a journal, minus the typical narrative that goes along with journaling. Anyhow, I stumbled upon this little gem that I received from my seventh grade health studies teacher, who by the way, was the worst health studies teacher ever…mostly because he taught us more about television sitcoms then he taught us about the health benefits of celery and the dangers of herpes; although he did have excellent taste in both television and film. Either way, he gave me this piece of advice on September 10, 1994 : If you want to do something, just do it. Even though it sounds like a Nike ad, it’s super true. I’ve sat around so much wondering what to do with my life…why don’t I just do it (do I have to pay Nike every time I say that?)? Now, I have no idea what IT is, but that’s all worked out in the details, right?


Anyway, I love looking through my old notebooks. They muster up feelings of nostalgia and…well, really its just nostalgia. Seventh grade was weird. I don’t necessarily want to remember all of the feelings associated with it. I made the A team in volleyball, ran a wicked fast mile and wore stretch pants…YIKES, I know! Ugh, they had the little stirrups on them too. Double YIKES! So, I guess this will be my unofficial endorsement of journaling for my posterity’s sake. I’ll make an official endorsement at a later date…you know, when I’m better at journaling and when I’m qualified to officially endorse things.

Five things I’m grateful for –
1. Funny movies
2. Time spent with those I love
3. Red Rocks
4. Summer in Colorado
5. Sure Things

Top five concerts I’ve attended -
1. Prince – Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Civic Auditorium, Omaha, NE
3. The Killers – Red Rocks, Denver, CO
4. Widespread Panic – Red Rocks, Denver, CO
5. The Brian Setzer Orchestra – Sokol Auditorium, Omaha, NE

** Honorable Mention : Big Head Todd and the Monsters – Sokol Underground, Omaha, NE

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible for me to be more in love with you? The answer is yes, but not at this exact moment in "time." As for "doing it," Spencer W. Kimball used to say it way before Nike.

    ReplyDelete