Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Good Life


Well, ‘tis been a season since I last wrote. Many things have changed…and changed for the better, I might add. I’m officially Jennifer DEAN (well, not officially in the Social Security Administration or DOT type of “officially”, but I’m still Jennifer Dean and I will change it soon, I promise! Man those government agencies have a way of getting “I promise’s” out of me!!) Marriage has been amazing. While, we haven’t been married long, we’ve been married well, and for that we are so grateful. We have definitely felt the blessings of making the decision to marry in the Temple and to remain faithful servants. I’m so very grateful to be a member of church that puts so much emphasis on the importance of marriage, family and service.
We moved a little bit northeast of Parker to the Southlands area of Aurora. It has been a nice move. Our new ward is amazing! We love the people and have found that we are fitting right in. We also love having our friends the McGregor’s in the ward with us as well. We also love that they’re one building away, so Wii battles and good dinners with friends have been abundant. Wes has just been called as the Cub Master and is still teaching the 6 year olds in the Primary. I’m working in the junior nursery with the 18 month to 24 month old kids. Nursery has been challenging. The last time I held or really even talked to a kid that age was about 19 years ago. It has been good getting to know the families through their precious little ones though. And I have to say, there’s not much better than when a little kid looks up at you and you can see the tears building up in his eyes and then the corners of his mouth start to droop, then he starts to look around and screams once he realizes his mom and dad are gone. I’m not talking a little scream – like contained to one room scream. I’m talking about a scream so piercing that the primary leaders in the adjacent room continue to check on you to make sure you’re ok…that’s right YOU not the child. But, they are darling! And, I have been called to the Nursery for a reason. I just have to keep remembering that.
Anyway, that’s really all that’s new. I’m hoping to be a better blogger, and also hoping to maybe begin a little Dean Family Blog, soon. Stay tuned…we’re not that exciting yet, but I’m sure we’ll be blog-worthy soon. Or we’ll just make stuff up.

Five things I’m grateful for –
Wes
The Temple
Being Married!!!!
Friends
The Southlands Ward

Top five songs I heard in 2009 (they didn’t necessarily need to be released in 2009 for me to hear them in 2009 – keep that in mind)
Sweet Disposition – Temper Trap
What’s the Attitude – Cut Chemist / Hymnal
Your Arms Around Me – Jens Lekman
This Will be Our Year – The Zombies (not the first time I’ve heard it, but kind of defined the year, so I’m putting on the list)
High Times – Landon Pigg & the Turbo Fruits (Good song, questionable message)

No comments:

Post a Comment